security license in maharashtra
how to get security agency license in maharashtra
security agencies are those organizations involved in providing security services including training of security guards to any industrial or business undertaking or a company or any other person or property. the procedure for starting a security agency is covered. In this article, we look at the procedure for obtaining Security Agency License in detail.
Security license renewal in maharashtra
- An application for security license renewal must be made to the Controlling Authority, not less than forty-five days before the date of expiry of the period of validity thereof. It is made in the form as may be prescribed and shall be accompanied by the requisite fee and other documents required under sections 6, 7, and 11 of this Act.
- The Controlling Authority will pass an order on the application for security license renewal within thirty days from the date of receipt of application complete in all respects.
- On receipt of an application under sub-section (1), the Controlling Authority will make such inquiries as he considers necessary and then by order in writing, renew the license or refuse to renew the same. Provided that no such order of refusal must be made except after giving the applicant a reasonable opportunity of being heard.
Conditions for Security License Renewal in maharashtra
The security license renewal shall be granted subject to the following conditions:-
- Every Agency shall apply to the Controlling Authority for renewal of the license not less than 90 days (including 45 days) before the date of expiry of the period of validity thereof
- The Controlling Authority can renew a license up to a further period of five years
- The fees chargeable for renewal of the license shall be as applicable for the grant of license
- The applicant continues to maintain his principal place of business in the jurisdiction of the Controlling Authority
- The applicant continues to ensure the availability of the training for its guards and supervisors required under sub-section (2) of section 9 of the Act and Rule 6 of these rules
- The applicant continues to adhere to the license conditions
- The police have no objection to the security license renewal of to the applicant.
Punishment for not having Valid License
Any person who does not hold a valid License under security in maharashtra must be Punishable with Imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year, or with fine which may extend to Twenty-Five Thousand Rupees, or with both. All the private Security agencies must obtain a license under maharashtra 2005 to operate his business all over India. Private Security Agency License is mandatory for all running Private security Agencies.
eligibility for Private Security Agency License
Association of Persons are eligible for a security agency license. Further, if the agency is a company, then the majority shareholder must be an Indian. In addition to the above condition, the following conditions must also be satisfied:
- The person or company cannot be convicted of an offence in connection with promotion, formation or management of a company (any fraud or misfeasance committed by him in relation to the company), including an undischarged insolvent;
- The person or company cannot be convicted by a competent court for an offence, the prescribed punishment for which is imprisonment of not less than two years;
- The person or company cannot be keeping links with any organisation or association which is banned under any law on account of their activities which pose a threat to national security or public order.
- The person cannot be dismissed or removed from Government service on grounds of misconduct or moral turpitude.